Believe your child can
Hi Teacher Joyce,
Greetings! Please find my testimonial below:
Jedd was 2 years old when I noticed that something is very wrong with him. He never responded to his name and will not look into our eyes whenever we tried to talk to him. I immediately brought him to the developmental pedia to seek professional help. Everything was in disarray, because Jedd burst into tantrums once in a while and is very difficult to control. We are always the center of attraction wherever we went. Eventually the pedia recommended therapy for Jedd, saying it's better to start early.
Early intervention has been a challenge to all of us because of Jedd's tantrums. He is afraid. Unsure and full of anxiety. It is difficult to even get him out of the house. We met teacher Joyce during those painful times because she can offer us home service, the ultimate solution to our problem.
The entire household is worried about Jedd's condition. As his parent, I began to feel myself crumbling down. Unable to face my child for what he has become.
After several months of therapy, we noticed some improvements with Jedd's behavior. It is very minimal, but it meant a lot to us. Teacher Joyce encouraged us to focus on what Jedd can do, rather than what he cannot. She emphasized that it's the parent's upbringing, teachings and consistency that are the main deciding factors adhering to the child's improvement. A positive parent would mould a happy kid. Vice versa. That was also the time when I decided to quit my job in order to have more time to focus on Jedd.
Every time I encountered an embarrassing situation in school, at home or even in mall areas. I never fail to share it with teacher Joyce. I stopped treating my kid as a special child and merely focused on what he can do, with the goals set by our therapists. No matter how frustrating those goals where.
I can write an entire novel of our tiring journey. It's like fighting a never ending war. I'm glad mine ended and I thank teacher Joyce for letting me believe that I am capable of changing my son's path. The light is waiting at the end of that dark tunnel.
Today, Jedd is a happy boy. He loves to talk though he didn't know how to begin a conversation. So he ends up smiling anxiously all the time. Likes to listen to phone calls though not responding appropriately. Likes going to school despite having difficulties in math. Likes to pose In front of the camera, working on his focus.
For you who is reading this testimonial. Believe. Your child can.
Ms. Sheryll Ann Rose C. Lim
Because we LOVE what we do
Hi T. Cheng, Ellaine had her first session with T. Shiela. She came along with a senior teacher whose name I forgot, (sorry for my short term memory) as he is familiar with our place. When we went to see you I remember telling you give me a good one. You did not fail me because your teachers not only know what they do but also LOVE what they do! Am glad to have found a partner in you guys in Ellaine's journey! Thank you! God Bless!
SMLC = We are confident with their capabilities and skills
We're very satisfied with how SMLC has helped our children with their special needs. the teachers are dedicated and committed to their work. We are confident with their capabilities and skills. This gives us hope that our child's behavior will further improve. We recommend SMLC to other parents.
SMLC vs Other Therapies
My son was diagnosed with ASD when he was about two and a half years old, and since then, we have tried various schools and therapy centers just to experience frustration from our dissatisfaction. My son is really choosy when it comes to his teachers, he likes to feel secured and loved, and like a regular kid, he always as if "assess" the teacher and his/her limits. Yup. My son is really manipulative, but that didn't stop me from looking for a teacher who'll be a better "partner" for him. Several months before, i am still in dire need of a good and affordable therapy service/therapy center whether it be for OT, Speech or ABA. All of it ended after i found my son's current teacher from Shaping Milestones.
Here is what (and why) I really love about their teachers:
1) SMLC teachers were all specially and CONTINUOUSLY trained by their managers. - Teachers work their foundation with their kids/students. They build a relationship - which for me is really important. My son eventually learned to trust his teacher.. and I too learned to trust them. Case managers also visit during assessments to keep track the improvements of the child and to change/modify the program that would be appropriate for the child.
2) ABA sessions can be for a two-hour home based session - which is very helpful for a busy mom like me. Now I don't have to drive my son back and forth for an hour of grueling therapy session where i can't see what he is doing, and i can only hear him cry (for the WHOLE ONE HOUR). So, after his school in the morning, we just let him eat his lunch, rest a little, and the teacher will come by for their two hours ABA SESSION. At our house I can monitor and see what they were doing. the teachers would even let me watch the things that they were practicing so that i can apply it to him as well.
3) Their teachers are all accommodating, patient, honest and hardworking. - They came on time, and they utilize the whole two-hours allotted to them.
4) They use their own tools and flash cards. They will only ask for some simple supplies like paper, pencils, crayons etc. which our kids will use during ABA sessions.
5) They re-assess the kids to know if the kid's program needs to be modified or adjusted. They also monitor the teachers behavior and teaching techniques.
6) They also offer seminars for parents.
6) And, their mode of payment is flexible. - I can honestly say that i have saved A LOT in choosing SMLC home based ABA than the usual 1 hour of school/clinic based session.
Ms. April Madrigal Abarentos
MY SON CHANGED A LOT
For teachers of SMLC, we're so blessed and grateful to meet this center and all that works therein. We're blessed in a sense that we have difficulty in handling our son Karl but with your help we were able to help ourselves to understand him and love him the way he is. But of course our faith to God gives us confidence and strength to face this challenge. With you and your center my son changed a lot.
Mr & Mrs. Manigbas